Your future duties & challenges
What's the team like ?
VSL is an international specialty construction company with a global presence. The main objective of our Finance & Controlling team in Bern/Switzerland is to support our internal partners with financial knowledge and to oversee the budget controls for our various projects. We believe that preserving our built environment is a critical approach to reducing the carbon footprint of the infrastructure sector, and we see innovative engineering and high-quality execution as key to this. Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, differentiating solutions. Our engineering teams combine the knowledge and experience of civil engineers, mechanical engineers, and data scientists. We work with multinational teams and strive to strongly promote diversity.
How will you make an impact ?
- Responsible for financial accounting in accordance with Swiss law and corporate policies
- Quarterly consolidation and reporting to management
- Lead, drive and coordinate annual financial and other audits
- Direct and indirect taxes declarations
- Preparation and filing of annual corporate tax (with support of tax consultant)
- Advise on VAT chain transactions, triangulations, intra-community deliveries
- Collaborate with teams to manage cash and monitor all bank accounts
- Close follow up of intercompany, payroll, inventory, fixed asset, and other accounts
- Coordination with Account Payables and Treasury teams at shared service center
- Participate in IT projects-digitalization
- Continually review and update accounting procedures to ensure compliance
- Assist in ad hoc requests by management and business partners.
So why not you?
What are we looking for ?
- Degree or higher education in Accounting (Bachelor/Master-degree)
- 10 -15 years of relevant experience in accounting
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and SAP BW, IFRS and IAS - standards
- Fluent in English and Arabic with good knowledge of German or French
- Excellent communication skills paired with a well-organized and methodical approach
- Knowledge of Tunisian and Swiss accounting standards
- High autonomy and reliability in combination with good problem-solving skills and productivity
- Ability to work under pressure, meet timelines and provide high quality work.
What do we offer ?
We offer you a challenging work environment in a multicultural and dynamic environment. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to develop your technical and personal skills during your time with us. In addition, we want to provide you with a working environment that meets your expectations and look forward to discussing your career plans.
We Make it Possible !
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.