Your future duties & challenges
Cross Yarra Partnership (CYP) has been announced as preferred to deliver the Metro Tunnel (Tunnel and Stations PPP Project). CYP brings together three of Australia's leading construction partners, Lendlease Engineering Pty Ltd, John Holland Pty Ltd, and Bouygues Construction Pty Ltd who have the world's best experience in tunnelling and engineering, coupled with leading Australian experts who have proven experience in local ground conditions of complex Australian rail projects
The Metro Tunnel is a multi-billion dollar, multi-disciplinary, city shaping project that will help define the future of Melbourne. The project includes the construction of twin 9km rail tunnels from Kensington to South Yarra as part of a new end to end Sunshine to Dandenong line and new underground stations at Arden, Parkville, CBD North (with a direct pedestrian connection with Melbourne Central railway station), CBD South (with a direct pedestrian connection with Flinders Street Station) and Domain.
Ensure Cost Control data is entered into spreadsheets correctly to compare monthly performance to work area budgets.
Organize cost control review meeting with site teams.
Review monthly results with stakeholders and analyse cost figures in order to build an efficient cost control report.
Tracking Project and Department reporting schedules/milestones and insuring targets are meet.
Ensure accounts/invoices are processed and are in line with contractual obligations.
Ensure established systems are managed efficiently for purchase order generation, expenditure approvals, delivery dockets and work orders.
Ensure work records, delivery dockets, invoices and progress claims have been analysed and costs allocated correctly.
Ensure creditor accounts are established in accordance with terms of supply.
Administer/Approve claims for credit and disputes.
Preparation and review of monthly costs and cost accruals.
Assist the Finance & Administration team with cost forecasting as requested.
Preparation of Cost Plans, forecasting and monitoring controls and reports.
Identification of forecast deviations and minimise variance issues.
• Prepare of production cost estimates and update online cost control forecasts.
• Analyses monthly costs figures and able to explain them accordingly.
• Monitor monthly costs, quantities & rates and understand any variances to Budget/Forecast and explain them accordingly.
• Prepare of monthly forecast variance reports and explanations both financial and technical.
• Develop an understanding of the site progress and developments which may affect forecast performance.
• Preparation of monthly cost report and review result at site level.
• Ensure monthly cost control reports are correct and prepared in accordance with project reporting schedules.
• Presentation and communication of Monthly reports to the Senior Project Management team.
• Provide monthly project results debrief to junior cost control and administrat
So why not you?
Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within
• Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Advanced Excel, (Necessary)
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer-based accounting or cost control systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting principle and Financial ratios.
• Experience with cost planning, project forecasting and monitoring.
• Sound written & verbal communication skills,
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Sound planning and organising skills with the ability to multitask, problem solving and analytical thinking.
• Good interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder (Engineers, Foremen, Budget Owners)
• Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict timeframes.
• Ability to work unsupervised and achieve established routine assignments
• Ability to challenge information provided by site teams and encourages open communication between cost control and production team members.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.