Your future duties & challenges
VSL hosts its Technical Centres in Bern, Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore, Sydney and Hong Kong. We are looking to reinforce our team in Switzerland (Bern) by recruiting a Deputy Design Manager able to support our Business Development and Operations teams.
As a Deputy Design Manager you will report directly to the Technical Center Director and will have to supervise a team of 2 Design Engineers to handle part of the works directly and coordinate part of work with the other VSL Technical Centre or external designer resources.
You will be in contact with the client and external designer and will have to coordinate all the technical aspects of the projects at commercial and execution stage.
Your main missions will be:
- Supervision of the of the Post tensioning structure (building, bridge)
- Supervision and allocation of the Design project to the team locally and to other Technical Center across the group:
- Post-tensioned building slabs;
- Structural solutions for building (strengthening, transfer slab…);
- Structural solutions for bridges (strengthening, jacking…).
- Principal point of contacts to the internal client (Production, Sales, Estimating, etc…) and external clients.
- Preparation of calculation and design reports
- Analysis and strategic plan of cost saving solutions for each project
- Preparation of drawings from calculation output software for posttension layout / rebar required
- Site visit to check the design application by the operations team
So why not you?
- Engineering degree or similar (Bachelor or equivalent)
- Experience of 5 years in design (concrete, post-tension, steel) and calculation
- English fluent and German advanced (min. B2)
- Ability to draw simple drawings related to post tension layout on Autocad with the help of software calculation output
- Aptitude to think and act service-oriented
- Knowledge of site work is a plus
- Job location: Bern, Switzerland
- Travel: Punctual International Business trip may be required
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.