Your future duties & challenges
VSL International hosts its Technical Centre in Bern, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are looking to reinforce our team in Switzerland (Bern) by recruiting a Junior Design Engineer able to support our commercial and production teams.
You will be involved in local and international projects and your main responsabilities will be :
- Concrete structural design
- Post tensioning structure (building and bridges)
- Design of post-tensioned building slabs
- Structural solutions for buildings (strengthening, transfer slab….)
- Structural solutions for bridges (strengthening, jacking…)
- Bridge construction engineering
- Preparation of calculation and design reports
- Missions on the project site (mainly checking design vs. as built)
- Prepare engineering drawings from calculation output software for posttension layout / rebar required
- International business trips (from time to time)
So why not you?
- 2nd or 3rd Engineering school
- Calculation software knowledge : Cubus, Axis and other similar products / Sofistik
- SIA, Euronorm, ACI, AASHTO, BS
- Good knowledge of Autocad
- English fluent and German advanced (min. B2)
- Ability to draw simple drawings related to post tension layout on Autocad with the help of software calculation output
- Knowledge of site work is a plus
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.