Your future duties & challenges
To apply trade skills and experience to ensure the satisfactory completion of allocated maintenance, breakdown repairs, installation, new and refurbishment works. Testing and Inspection will be a major part of the role, particularly the testing and any necessary repairs of emergency lighting.
So why not you?
· Ability to to take on AP/RP roles
· Proactive and flexible attitude to duties and work undertaken
· Proven strongly Client focused
· Relevant and current qualifications in the required skill base. Good IT skills with experience in the use of CAFM systems, Word & Excel. Must have City & Guilds 2391.
· Proven track record within the maintenance / hard services of the FM business. Recent career history (5 years) showing companies worked for with references.
· Experience of reporting structures – demonstrate experience of formal and structured formal and informal reporting to management and client
· Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pam with occasional out of hours work
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.