Your future duties & challenges
DTP Mining, a subsidiary of Bouygues Travaux Publics, in charge of mining operations on behalf of its client, is looking for a QHSE Manager M/F for one of the mining sites on the African continent.
As the Health Safety and Training Manager reporting to the Project Manager, and in transverse to the BU HSE Manager, you will be responsible for driving safety strategies and initiatives that cultivate and sustain a project culture of "continuous improvement in Safety, Environment and Training”.
As a key member of the site senior leadership team key accountabilities include and not limited to:
- Provide advice and support with implementation of legislated health and safety requirements
- Comfortable with the development & implementation of Health & Safety programs, systems, policies, procedures
- Positively influence and provide support to your peers in order to achieve our vision of everyone safe every day.
- Prevention of severe and catastrophic events and eliminating injuries
- Be the company's point of contact with the Client on all HSE matters
- Your 'hands on' approach, clear focus and effective leadership will contribute to the implementation of project Safety, Environment and Training management plans.
- Motivate people to ensure ownership of health and safety across all levels of the project as well as to develop and ensure effectiveness of the health and safety management system.
- Maintaining the site Safety and Health, Environment and Training Management systems
- H&S and operational training programs
- Site Clinic staff management including emergency management
- Lead the company Industrial hygiene program
The site location is in West Africa (remote site)
Salary & conditions : according to profile
Type of contract : Permanent contract with a trial period. Eventually, the position will be open to expatriation to the Group's other mining sites.
So why not you?
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
· 10 years' experience in a similar role with extensive experience in an operational mining environment in contractor side, in Africa
· Extensive experience in a similar position in a contractor side is a must
· A higher education diploma (Engineer, Master degree) in the field of hygiene, environment Health, safety and environment/Mines/Mechanics or equivalent
· Nebosh Diploma preferred
· Extensive experience working with workers culture improvement, risk management and incident investigations
· Ability to influence and implement strategic and cultural change
· Demonstrated ability to manage projects to budget and deadlines
· Demonstrated experience managing risk within a mining or heavy industrial environment.
· Demonstrated experience with the implementation of continuous improvement methodologies
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills in both French and English is mandatory
Skills: Being able to:
· Effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Have outstanding skills with the Microsoft suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Supervise and lead a team
· Diagnose and locate a breakdown or failure
· Give clear instructions and enforce them
· Set SMART goals for work teams
· Be competent in first aid and fire emergency response. Having qualifications in this field is a real plus
· Proven leader, collaborator, influencer
· Rigorous and Proactive
· Analytical and synthetical mind
· Ability to adapt and organize
· Sense of urgency to achieve goals
· Ability to be a force of proposal
· Ability to withstand stress and resilience
· Solutions based mind-set
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.