Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
Responsible for assisting the Senior/Section Preparation Engineer on the advance preparation to enable either the U1 or U2 Construction Team to commence on site construction in accordance with the programme.
Assisting with the design process coordination, planning and programming requirements for assigned work packages within a designated area to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
· Advance preparation and reviewing design released drawings and models using Navis Works
· Raising RFI’s/FCR’s to address technical issues, inconsistencies between models and drawings, ambiguities and missing information.
· Assist the Senior/Section Preparation Engineer in producing temporary works design briefs explaining the scope, the preferred method of construction, loading conditions, any constraints and the required programme. Liaising with the Construction Team, Temporary Works Co-Ordinator and the temporary works designers to ensure the design is fit for construction.
· Using the models, embedment schedules provided by the designer and the BYLOR pour sequences, produce Material Trackers and forecasts for the required permanent embedment materials per batch. Liaising with the Planners and the Construction Teams for required dates.
· Provide technical support to the Construction Team. Visit site weekly with the Construction Team to understand the progress of the build and understand any issues the delivery team are having so we can ensure continuous improvement and sharing of lessons learnt across the project.
· Produce document trackers to assist the delivery team in demonstrating readiness to commence construction. This must include; Client and Designer drawings/documents and BYLOR produced documents. The trackers will highlight the current status of documents.
Assist the Senior/Section Engineer in producing Technical Risk Assessments. Understanding the risks with a section of the building and how we are going to mitigate and control the risk.
So why not you?
- Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience in reinforced concrete is a must
- Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station
- A strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
- Respects other team members across all functions and has a one team approach.
- Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.