Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete. This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
Assisting with the design process coordination, planning and programming requirements for assigned work packages within a designated area to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
Reports to the Project Engineer within an engineering team comprising of Site and Section engineers.
• Checks dimensions design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information.
• Responsible for supporting the production of methods statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers.
• Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off/requisitions.
• Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment.
• Adopts and promotes a culture of ‘right first time’
• Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available.
• Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches.
• Effectively communicate technical information to the workforce and liaise with all functions and support services in a timely and accurate manner.
• Takes on the role of temporary works supervisor for their section of works and ensures temporary works are identified and the correct procedure is applied.
• Provides dimensional control for a section of works.
• Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step
• Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
• Raises Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non- conformances.
• Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required.
• Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
• Provide feedback to supervising engineers/managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
So why not you?
• Knowledge of and experience in reinforced concrete is a must
• Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station
• A strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
• Respects other team members across all functions and has a one team approach.
• Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
• Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
• Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.