Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions currently has an exciting opportunity for an Information Systems Kronos Support Analyst to join our Information Systems team in London, Waterloo. The role will initially be based within the project team rolling out the new Kronos Workforce Central solution to the business and will then transition into the support team.
The responsibilities of the Kronos Analyst will involve:
- Leading on configuration for Kronos Time and Attendance System
- Organising business engagement workshops to gain understanding on requirements for solution
- Developing new site configurations within the solution
- Monitoring and maintaining interfaces between the HR, reporting and time & attendance solution
- Escalation and management of issues with the third-party Kronos support provision
- Supporting IS data analysis and reporting solutions
- Provision of first and second line application support of all IS systems
- Monitoring the progress of support requests and providing feedback to users
- Undertaking initial investigation into user queries, taking ownership and resolving where possible
- Escalating unresolved issues to third line support analysts, developers and IS Support Manager
- Providing mobile hardware (PDAs, Tablets) configuration, maintenance and support
- Maintaining and creating support documentation, processes and procedures
So why not you?
Who we are looking for:
- Experience of technical support for Kronos or similar time & attendance and HR/ payroll systems is essential
- Strong analytical skills with extensive experience of user interaction
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Methodical and logical, with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to manage workloads and deadlines with minimal supervision
Why join us?
We value the variety and innovation that our diverse workforce brings. Our pledge is a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers fair treatment at work and a culture of mutual respect and dignity between colleagues.
All employees have a right to work in an environment in which the dignity of individuals is respected and which is free from harassment and bullying. We are committed to eliminating intimidation in any form.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centers, delivering technical and management courses.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.