Your future duties & challenges
- To develop a procurement strategy to drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors, including the implementation and maintenance of an Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) supplier framework for M&E contractors and also for Renewable energy projects (grid scale battery storage, solar PV farms and gas peaking generation plant).
- To prepare contract documents for tenders awarded under EPC Supplier Framework and Renewable project main contracts
- To identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks, including advice on contractual claims and contract management
- Management and negotiation of main contracts with customers and sub-contracts with suppliers for Energy Performance Contracts in buildings and for Renewable energy projects
- To communicate regularly with project staff, specialist subcontractors, internal commercial, legal and procurement departments to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times
- Actively manage live contracts; contractual issues, variations with both customers and sub-contractors – liaising with and coordinating with project managers and site cost controllers
- The role is a Senior Management Team member role encompassing both the Energy Performance Contracting and Renewable Energy project businesses. There is a requirement to prepare, communicate and manage all board related commercial and financial information for both businesses
- Provide input and support to the Facilities Management Business Development team on M&E costs from time to time and participate in 3- and 6-month FM contract benchmark performance assessments on costs after a new contract win
So why not you?
- BSc or MSc degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject together with RICS membership
- Knowledge of JCT, NEC3 and FIDIC forms of contract
Previous experience working for a main contractor
A practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
Strong numeracy and financial management skills
The ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
The ability to negotiate and excellent relationship building skills
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.