Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our Facilities Management team at the Royal Hospital for Children & Young People based in Little France, Edinburgh. This is a permanent full-time position working a 4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shift pattern between the core hours of 6am-10pm (either earlies or lates).
· Reporting to the Maintenance Manager
· To apply relevant trade skills to any allocated jobs as directed
· To carry out works as required across the hospital
· To oversee specialist sub-contractors
· To cover for other technicians as necessary in various locations
· Requirement to participate in the on call rota and work to the demands of the business
So why not you?
· Must have experience within a hospital environment
· Must hold an electrical or mechanical trade qualification
· To become AP trained in specific areas
· Maximo/CAFM experience would be desirable
· Must have experience of building services/maintenance
· Ideally, able to read technical drawings and diagnose technical faults
· Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Able to work on own initiative as well as within a team with a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
· Able to obtain Disclosure Scotland clearance (CRB)
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.