Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Plumber or Mechanical Maintenance Craftsperson to join our Facilities Management team at University Hospital Lewisham. This is a permanent full-time shift-based position working 42 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 4 on 4 off shifts from 0700 to 1900.
- To deliver routine maintenance as allocated by management
- To deliver electrical planned and reactive maintenance and scheduled installation works
- To apply relevant trade skills to allocated jobs as directed by the business
- To order materials and services as required and update records
- To oversee specialist sub-contractors as and when required
- To carry out PAT testing following training completion
- To cover for other team members when needed
- Working 4 on 4 off shifts from 0700 to 1900, 42 hours per week.
Requirement to participate in the out of hours on call rota and be able to respond/attend site within one hour of the call.
So why not you?
- A trade apprenticeship and relevant current qualifications, such as City & Guilds / BTEC National Diploma / NVQ 2 or equivalent in Plumbing or a relevant Mechanical discipline
Must have experience of building services/working in a maintenance environment
- Ability to manage work load and plan day effectively
- Experience in a Healthcare environment is advantageous with knowledge of medical gases
- Willingness to attain cross skilling
- A team player with strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate, and ambition for personal development
- Able to work on own initiative as well as within a team with a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
- IOSH or equivalent H&S training preferred; must have good Health & Safety awareness
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for training and further development.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.