Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Craftsperson to join our Facilities Management team on our new hospital contract at the Royal Hospital for Children & Young People based in Little France, Edinburgh. This is a permanent full-time position working a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern from 7am-7pm.
· Reporting to the Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
· To deliver mechanical / electrical planned and reactive maintenance and scheduled installation works
· To carry out fabric works as required including but not limited to new works, refurbishment and work associated with the life cycle maintenance programme
· To order materials and services as required and update records
· To oversee specialist sub-contractors
· To cover for other technicians as necessary in various buildings
· Working hours will be based on a 7 day working week, on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern working days 7am-7pm, with a requirement to participate in the on call rota and work to the demands of the business
So why not you?
· Experience within a hospital environment is desirable
· Must hold either a mechanical or electrical trade qualification at NVQ level II such as City & Guilds, BTEC or have equivalent experience
· Experience using a PDA for work essential
· Must have experience of building services/maintenance
· Must be able to read technical drawings and diagnose technical faults
· Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Able to work on own initiative as well as within a team with a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
Able to obtain DBS & PVG clearance due to working alongside vulnerable people.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for training and development.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.