Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a mobile Maintenance Operative to join our Facilities Management team providing maintenance to our three police sites based in Bromley (main base), Sutton and Lewisham. This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week between 07:00 and 16:00, Monday – Friday.
- Reporting to the Facilities & Services Manager
- To maintain appropriate qualifications and up-to-date trade knowledge as may be required for the safe and efficient performance of duties
- To apply the relevant trade skills to undertake scheduled, planned and reactive maintenance tasks proactively or as directed. This will include pumps, pipework, valves, leaks, blockages etc. This will from time to time include installation and project type works
- To immediately report and/or make safe, to the appropriate place or person, any potentially dangerous or hazardous situations
- To manage workload using PDA handheld device and be familiar with Maximo or similar asset management software system
- To advise on parts/labour for additional works interfacing with suppliers as required and to recommend and maintain an adequate stock level to ensure service delivery
- To oversee specialist contractors and to escort where required
- Working 40 hours per week between 07:00 and 16:00, Monday to Friday
So why not you?
- Formal qualifications to NVQ Level II or equivalent in a relevant trade
- Have an understanding of the maintenance requirements of building services assets associated within a multi-site environment
- Have an understanding of Permit to Work and Safe Systems of Work
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and client relationship skills
- Hold a full driving license and be able to travel independently between sites
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to health and safety
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for training and development.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.