Your future duties & challenges
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager
- To provide technical engineering support for the Hard FM Services department and carry out preventative maintenance to deadline plus maintain paperwork to support PPM activities
- To respond to reactive and emergency faults and conduct reactive maintenance work to ensure compliance with KPI’s
- To manage Contractors as necessary
- Working 12 hour 4 on 4 off shifts from 0700 to 1900, 44 hours per week
- Requirement to participate in the out of hours on call rota and be able to respond/attend site within one hour of the call
So why not you?
- A trade apprenticeship and relevant current qualifications, such as City & Guilds / BTEC National Diploma / NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant electrical or mechanical discipline
- Experience in building services and knowledge of air handling plant, plumbing and water hygiene is required
- Experience in a Healthcare environment is advantageous with knowledge of medical gases
- Willingness to attain cross skilling
- IT Literate
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- IOSH or equivalent H&S training preferred
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.