Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies & Services currently has an exciting opportunity for a Plumber/Maintenance Technician Mechanical Bias to join our Facilities Management team at a key government building in Westminster. This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week from 8am-5pm.
- Reporting to Mechanical Service Manager
- To deliver planned and reactive maintenance and installation works
- To maintain all buildings and plant ensuring both service standards and perception are maintain to the required levels as set out by management, supervisors and the contract KPIs
- To undertake minor projects and new works which could consist of the manufacturing, assembly, erection and installation of new plant, equipment and system, which may require minor welding/brazing conforming to the Company hot works permit system
- To order materials and services as required and update records ensuring satisfactory delivery
- To make recommendations of replacement parts and materials in order to ensure the highest levels of equipment and building availability
- To work to the highest standard and in full compliance with statutory legislation
- To cover for other technicians as necessary in various buildings, including participation in a call out work rota
- Will need to be trained and appointed in at least 2 disciplines to hold AP/RP responsibilities
- Working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 0800 to 1700
So why not you?
- Will have undergone a trade apprenticeship and/or hold current qualifications, such as City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in plumbing specifically
- Must have experience of building services/maintenance/facilities management
- Ideally, be able to read technical drawings and diagnose technical faults
- Will be familiar with relevant legislation pertaining to the built environment (e.g. Regulations, ACOPs, Acts of Parliament, bylaws etc.)
- Will be able to demonstrate good customer service, and have a strong focus on Health and Safety
- Able to work on own initiative as well as within a team with a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude
- Employment in this post is dependent upon obtaining security clearance; this requires 5 years’ residency in the UK and a current passport.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including opportunities for training and development.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.