Your future duties & challenges
An opportunity has arose for a Procurement Officer to join our VSL team on HS2.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works as the focal point and liaises with project requesters.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other professional buyers within the project
partner’s networks in UK and abroad.
- Works with the project teams forecasting procurement needs
- Ensures that planned and actual procurement activities meet the needs of the production process on an on-going basis
- Ensures that order requirements are up to date and signature/approval is aligned with workflow
- Reviews quotations; participate in prices negotiation, delivery terms with manufacturers and suppliers.
- Obtains best credit facilities, terms of payments and profit margins with our manufacturers/suppliers and obtain the most competitive offer
- Performs market surveys on prices, discount rates and products every quarter.
- Follow up purchase orders and communicates the status to the project
Maintains and updates procurement files in orderly fashion on the server.
- Provides an updated price list and product materials to the end-users every quarter.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable delivered goods with end-users, manufacturers and transporters to determine cause of problem while taking corrective and preventive action immediately.
- Evaluate the suppliers performance in line with internal procedures and standards.
- Responsible for the monthly report of the procurement department (dashboard, indicators, charts…)
So why not you?
- University Graduate with a degree in engineering and/or Commerce, Business Administration and with experience
- Highly organized with a logical approach and result oriented. Problem solving and decision making skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually on own initiative,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Project & time management with close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage stressful situations and operate effectively under pressure
- Always deal with end-users in a professional manner
- Resilient and hard working
- Completely computer literate and high familiarity with Microsoft
- Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook, MS project...). Experienced in
- ERP would be a serious advantage
- Preferable who can join with short notice period
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.