Your future duties & challenges
As Project Engineer for numerous scope’s of work on the La Trobe shaft, the candidate must have a strong focus on preparing and maintaining detailed programme of works for the scopes they deliver, and communicating and coordinating with the rest of the site team to ensure smooth delivery of the works without affecting other area’s of the site.
The candidate must have prior experience in tendering and onboarding subcontractors for works, experience in the delivery of non standard temporary works elements with heavy compliance requirements, experience in maintaining a budget and accurately forecasting the cost of their works, and experience in ensuring all safety documentation is fit for purpose and in place prior to site works commencing.
The work packages that the candidate will deliver are:
- Delivery of the plunge column removal demolition scope of works for the La Trobe shaft
- Demolition and removal of the temporary slabs within the La Trobe shaft
- Delivery of the structural steel fabrication and erection package of works, comprising of walkways, stairs, lift frames, escalator support frames, plus other miscellaneous pieces
- Delivery of the above ground western structure of the La Trobe shaft, comprising 3 levels of post tension slab, RC walls and columns, including the dismantling of the existing tower crane.
- Delivery of the escalator installation within Melbourne Central scope of works.
- Delivery of the landscaping and public realm scope of works around the La Trobe shaft.
- Demonstrate sound people management skills by managing work and performance of subcontractors to achieve outcomes.
- Utilise effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource time management.
So why not you?
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, Building Construction or equivalent
Diploma of Project Management in Engineering, Science, Building, Construction or equivalent.
Chartered Engineering Status
Minimum 5-10 years’ engineering experience.
Experience on > $10 M Projects.
Project Engineer and operational experience.
Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.