Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics is working in the ALIGN Joint Venture for the High Speed 2 project in London. ALIGN is currently delivering a section of the 175km High-speed rail line between London and Birmingham. Works undertaken by ALIGN comprise of a 3.4km long viaduct and a twin bore 16km tunnel.
The Site Engineer Quality will ensure that the teams comply with ITPs, Method Statements, Work processes & procedures and Safety Standards across the project.
Ensure that the teams have requisite documents developed, approved and distributed prior to works commencement, undertake and record inspections and tests defined within ITPs, maintain contemporaneous as-built drawings, raise NCRs to cover deficient works and RFIs to clarify issues and/or record technical decisions agreed with HS2.
The Align JV Site Engineer - Quality will be responsible for:
• Undertake Site Surveillance in conjunction with Surveillance Manager
• Daily execution and recording of self-certification of works against ITPs, method statements and plans
• Collection, collation, review and reporting
• Expediting the timely close-out of areas of concern
• Ensuring the issue of NCRs by construction teams, as necessary
So why not you?
• Prior background in at least one of; Deep Excavations, Reinforced concrete structures, TBM tunnelling or Earthworks
• A working knowledge of UK civils and construction standards and working practices
• Demonstrable knowledge of system engineering and control
• The post holder should be educated to HND, HNC or foundation degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.