Your future duties & challenges
· To ensure the safety and security of the people and property across the estate, while providing a great customer experience
· Ensure all visitors are greeted well and relevant security procedures carried out
· Assist with the all security operations, patrols, emergencies, and break cover
· Respond and investigate all emergency calls from the National Operation Centre
· Conduct regular patrols and inspections (by vehicle and on foot) of the estate in accordance with site instructions
· Operate within the confines of site assignment Instructions
· Reporting, logging and escalating incidents to relevant personnel, Helpdesk and/or National Operation Centre
· Use of access control and CCTV systems
· Working hours available are:
- 1400 to 2200, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
So why not you?
SIA Security Licence
· First Aid at Work accreditation
· Full UK Driver’s Licence
· Flexible and positive attitude to work, with a customer-focused approach
· Computer literacy with strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.