Your future duties & challenges
· Reporting to the M&E Supervisor
· To provide technical engineering support for the Hard FM Services department and carry out preventative maintenance to deadline plus maintain paperwork to support PPM activities
· To respond to reactive and emergency faults and conduct reactive maintenance work to ensure compliance with KPI’s
· To manage Contractors as necessary
· To undertake duties of mentoring, training and supervision of maintenance staff and apprentices as required.
· To undertake training and qualify as Authorised, Responsible or Competent Person for mechanical/electrical plant and systems as required.
· Responsibly for control of minor project and upgrading works ensuring objectives are achieved in accordance with pre-determined financial limits, timescales/ deadlines.
· 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Requirement for out of hours cover on a rota basis.
So why not you?
A trade apprenticeship and relevant current qualifications, such as City & Guilds / BTEC National Diploma / NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant Electrical / Mechanical discipline.
Be able to demonstrate effective planning, organising and prioritising skills.
Be able to demonstrate initiative and judgement to resolve problems independently.
An advanced understanding of policies and procedures relative to the role and the quality outputs and standards required.
Possessing persuasive skills
Be able to provide and receive complex or sensitive information.
Be able to provide advice, instruction or training to groups.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.