Your future duties & challenges
- Work within the Melbourne Metro team to assist with scoping and cost estimating of works, updating the asset management system and compiling of relevant QA & safety documentation including a Master Project Schedule.
- Provide required reports to the Superintendent to meet monthly reporting timelines.
- Assist all members as/ where required in ensuring all elements of QA & Environment Management Systems are maintained at the highest levels.
- Assist the Superintendent in routinely providing all relevant information required for the timely compilation and submission of all necessary.
- Preparation of both short- and longer-term detailed construction plans and targets as required.
- In conjunction with the Superintendent assist where required in the review of project budgets and ongoing expenses to ensure Financial Control remains within the acceptable limits of the budget at all stages of the project.
- Understand the client’s requirements in relation to all Project Plans, Document Control procedures and QA/ Environment requirements in order to meet or exceed their expectations at all times.
- Assist with the preparation of site budgets and reports.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative safety, environment and quality risk assessments to ensure acceptable quality of structures and finishes.
- Perform all duties in accordance with CYP policies, processes, systems, reporting and procedures
So why not you?
- Tertiary qualifications Construction / Engineering Discipline.
- Previous work in a Rail environment .
- Demonstrated skills in programming, cost control, quality assurance, safety and supervision / people management.
- Diploma of Project Management in Engineering, Science, Building, Construction or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ engineering experience in a railway environment.
- Experience on > $100 M Projects.
- More than 5 years’ post graduate site-based experience on OHLE
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specification, standards and implications for project accountabilities.
- Understanding of the Project Design Management Plan, Quality Management Plan. Safety Management Plan and Environmental Management Plan.
- Pre-contracts knowledge in relation to design, planning and legislative requirements.
- Experience with planning and undertaking ROCB Works
- Project wide level of planning, development and review of complex projects.
- Delivery of minor projects to program and budget specifications.
- Effective time management skills including sequencing of work of own and resource management.
- Advanced skills in relevant computer software packages; Microsoft Suite; Primavera 6.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment.
- Competency in interpreting technical schedules and documentation.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.