Your future duties & challenges
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint.
Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, innovative solutions. You will work in a diverse and multinational team.
VSL is looking for a Senior Tendering Engineer to work within the Ground Engineering Business Line in Asia Pacific region.
The location is flexible, according to your preference (Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia).
You will report to the GEBL APAC Regional Business Developer & Tendering Manager.
How will you make an impact?
Your scope of work covers: Tendering for Diaphragm Walls, Deep Foundations, Ground Improvement (grouting, jet grouting, soil mixing, ground anchors and directional drilling / coring.)
- Participates in the definition and the implementation of the company commercial strategy.
- Promotes the values of the company and develops strong relationships with existing and potential future clients and partners (local and remote).
- Identifies project opportunities, establishes a strategy and presents them together with key technical and commercial risk & opportunities registers to the company management team for go / no go assessment.
- Mentors and develops junior members of the tendering team.
- Organizes and progresses the tendering process
- When required, selects partners and finalizes partnership agreements.
- Continuously liaise with clients to develop relationships in order to secure new projects.
- Participate in contract negotiations as directed, with the support of the legal team.
- Once the project is awarded, prepare and deliver transfer / handover documents to the appointed operations team.
- Participate in the project execution financial reviews or updates as required.
- Comply with and ensure that internal company procedures are fully respected.
- Participate in the continuous development of the tendering processes, the department and the company.
- Ensure that the level of new orders signed is meeting company targets per calendar year.
So why not you?
Who are we looking for?
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or other recognised and suitable degree.
- Minimum 10 years’ working experience as a contractor or subcontractor in civil engineering projects, preferably including working experience in Ground Engineering / Foundations in Asia Pacific
- Professional members or chartership is an advantage (e.g., MHKIE, MICE CEng, RPE)
- Has previously occupied a position in Business Development, Tendering or Project Management.
- Meticulous and analytical mind and good summarising skills.
- Enthusiastic, perseverant and tenacious.
- Capable of showing leadership in large and complex projects.
- Good time and process management skills.
- Strong ability in networking and negotiating internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills, tactical and strategic sense, be profit-minded.
- Good oral and writing skills in English.
- Spoken and Written Cantonese would be an advantage.
- Must have AutoCAD skills
- Microsoft Office suite including MS Project
- Experience in costing software (Pentagone, Candy...) would be useful
- Experience in Salesforce or other CRM software is preferable
- Employment in stable high reputation international company
- Various social benefits
- Training courses
- Full time employment contract
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, dynamic international company and develop valuable skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates, commensurate with previous experience and knowledge.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.