Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
This specific role is situated within the Pools, Tanks and Liners organisation and will involve management of a Tier 2 company (Framatome). This Tier 2 is responsible for the fabrication and installation of Stainless-Steel components for the RPE Sumps, RBS Tanks, RRI Tanks and IRWST Pools across site. This is a challenging role within a high-pressure environment where no two days are the same and presents a great opportunity for growth and personal development.
Purpose of the role :
Assisting the Project Manager with
• planning and reporting requirements
• managing / coordinating daily site activities for assigned work packages within a designated area
• Being the coordinator of all interfaces : gathering the needs / requirements of all parties to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
• Review the method statements and risk assessments and ensure these are implemented/followed during the production.
• Creation and review of VTS
• Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated.
• Follow up on Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) / Request For Information (RFI) / Field Change Request (FCR)
• Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step
• Ensures quality records are created by the Tier 2 in line with production and co-ordinates reviews by BYLOR and NNB.
• Supports the resolution of issues identified by BYLOR Surveillance team
• Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
• Adopts and promotes a culture of ‘right first time’
• Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available.
So why not you?
Essential skills & knowledge:
• Technical skills
• Intermediate knowledge of civil sequence of works
• Competent with the use of Microsoft office applications
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
• Respects other team members across functions and has a one team approach
• Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
• Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
Education & qualifications:
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Bylor are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and promote greater equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.