Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux public is looking for a VIE Site Engineer to work on one of their project in the UK. The VIE will help in assisting with the design process coordination, planning and programming requirements for assigned work packages within a designated area to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
Reports to the Project Engineer within an engineering team comprising of Site and Section engineers.
During this VIE your missions will consist of:
- Checking dimensions design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information.
- Responsible for supporting the production of methods statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers.
- Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available.
- Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches.
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required.
So why not you?
You are a recent graduate and looking for an internationnal experience.
You have a knowledge and experience in reinforced concrete.
You are a strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
You have a sense of common interest and solidarity, with an enterprising and professional approach.
You respects other team members across all functions and has a one team approach.
You presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
You demonstrates commitment to work to processes
You are respectfull and commited person who listen to satisfy customers.
Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Must be fluent in English.
This VIE will take place in the UK.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.