Your future duties & challenges
Purpose of the job
The ALIGN Site Instrumentation Engineer will manage the installation of geotechnical and structural health instrumentation.
The ALIGN Site Engineer will be responsible for:
· Ensuring instrument installation is carried out according to the Health and Safety at Work Act and all relevant regulations;
· Control of instrumentation and monitoring sub-contractor on site;
· On-site co-ordination between ALIGN, the Instrumentation and monitoring sub-contractor and stakeholders;
· Co-ordinating between the various ALIGN departments including technical, safety, environmental, survey, tunnel, viaduct and earthworks on instrument installation issues;
· Ensuring the instrumentation is installed according to the Designer’s Requirements;
· Monitoring and reporting of site activities;
· Inspection of working areas with the instrumentation and monitoring sub-contractor to check validity of Designer’s proposed instrument installation locations;
· Arranging instrument setting out with ALIGN survey team;
· Preparation of working areas including access, ecology surveys and vegetation clearances;
· Arranging utility inspections and permit to dig as required;
· Performing site specific inductions and briefings;
· Traffic management and co-ordinating with work teams for access and egress;
· Arranging site facilities such as mobile welfare, water, lighting and security;
· Checking contractor’s RAMS and facilitating approvals with safety department;
· Transporting manpower and equipment to site as required;
· Identifying and rectification of bad practices;
· To comply with all Company’s Policies and Procedures;
· To undertake other such reasonable duties appropriate to the role.
So why not you?
· BSc in civil engineering or similar
· 2-years experience in site supervision;
· Driving Licence;
· Valid CSCS card;
· SSSTS preferred (Training can be arranged);
· Demonstrable knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act;
· Knowledge of Autocad;
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.