Your future duties & challenges
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint. The main objective of our Production team in Bern/Switzerland is to support our customers in the realization of their projects and to provide them with strong technical expertise and added value. We strongly believe in preserving our built environment to reduce the carbon footprint of the infrastructure sector and we see innovative engineering and high-quality execution as the key to that. Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, optimized and differentiating solutions. Our engineering teams combine civil, structural, mechanical and data science skills. We operate with multinational teams and aim to strongly advance gender diversity. To strengthen our execution teams, we are looking for a Post-Tensioning (PT) Site Supervisor for the German and Austrian markets.
How will you make an impact?
As a Post-Tensioning (PT) Site Supervisor, you will work on specific international projects and mainly in Germany and Austria, in order to support our clients in the realization of their projects. Your responsibilities will be:
- Participate in the preparation and organization upstream of the project, plan and order the delivery of needed materials and requests of the need of labor
- Supervise the installation of the site and the equipment required for the project
- Supervise, lead and organize the work of on site: work reports, relationship/coordination with client, communication with project manager, quality of the production, and safety standards, etc.
- Supervise the work of the local staff: hiring of helpers, teaching, control of quality and assure the safety for our scope of works
- Ensure Health & Safety rules are respected (regular inspections)
So why not you?
Who are we looking for?
- Civil Engineering or Construction background with minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience required in post-tensioning (mono strands, multi strands) and all activities related (strands installation, stressing, grouting).
- Strong communications skills to explain the tasks and assure a high quality of missions
- Written and spoken German skills; and / English or French skills are a plus
- Experience in managing a team and a good team player
- Not scared from height and fit for physical work on construction sites
- Independent and able to take pressure
- Good understanding of technical documents and strong structural understanding
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.