Your future duties & challenges
CBNA is known for applying its capacity for technical and commercial innovation, cutting-edge engineering skills and expertise in development to roadways, transit and water tunnels; ports; linear infrastructures; high profile bridges; etc. CBNA is a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, operating in over sixty countries, also known for combining its networks alongside major contracts with high added value.
CBNA is currently looking for an Estimator – Heavy Civil to join our team.
The Estimator will prepare cost estimates during proposal and pre-construction phases. Candidate will work under the supervision of, and in close collaboration with, the pre-construction manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
· Conduct thorough analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is present and become familiar with the project;
· Customize, refine and implement a project specific cost estimating plan
· Develop a work breakdown structure
· Thoroughly analyze the bid documents and understand risk and opportunities and articulate those to management
· Develop detailed quantity take offs
· Develop full-scope estimates based on construction documents focusing on cost-effectiveness
· Study and propose alternatives and more cost-effective approaches
· Collaborate closely with the scheduler and/or method engineer of the project to optimize the project cost and schedule. Incorporate in the estimate the output of this collaboration and develop an estimate that is consistent with the work of the other team members
· Create detailed crew and production cost estimates for self-performed activities and indirect costs (such as: site management, site installation)
· Identify suppliers and subcontractors for market testing; develop and review subcontractors and suppliers’ scopes of work; review and analyze quotes for best value
· Consolidate all estimate items (particularly for: self-performed works, indirect costs, quotes) to reach a full project estimate
· Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all the project specifications and contractual documentation
· Compare cost estimates and quotes to benchmarks and analyze the gaps
· Contribute to the risks and opportunities analysis and its estimating
· Contribute to the preparation of documentation for internal reviews, presentations to the client, bid submission; prepare the pieces of those that present the estimating;
So why not you?
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Candidate must have a BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field of studies
· Experience working with construction means & methods analysis is a plus
· Experience with scheduling is a plus
· Ability to meet critical deadlines
· Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to work in coordination with team members and supervision to ensure optimization and consistency of the technical study and the estimating
· Ability to clearly report and present his/her work to team and supervision
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
· EXCEL proficiency a must; Proficiency in an estimating software (HCSS HeavyBid for example) is a must; Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or P6 is needed; Working knowledge of design software (e.g., CADD, Revit) is a plus
Conformément aux dispositions légales, vous êtes éligible au Volontariat International en Entreprise (VIE) (https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/qu-est-ce-que-le-volontariat-international)
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.