Your future duties & challenges
VSL as a member of Bouygues Construction, operates worldwide in a network of some 50 locations, and is a leading specialist in the field of post tensioning, complex pre-casting, bridge construction, specialist foundations, bridge and asset remediation, and related construction techniques.
Therefore, we are looking for a VIE Methods Engineer to participate in the construction of a 3.2 km bridge as part of the HS2 line.
This is the first segmental construction project in UK for the last 20 years.It consists of precasting and erecting about 1000 segments weighting between 100 and 150 tons each sing a launching gantry, implementing the balance cantilever construction method.
The construction program include a start in April 2022, for a period of about 30 months.
Assignments given to the VIE:
- Part of the technical department of project, made of a tech manager, and several engineers and drafters
- In charge:
- Developing the kinematics of erection,
- Developing the method statement for construction works, step by step…
- Carrying geometry control works to insure accurate bridge geometry during the cantilever construction
So why not you?
- Master degree in Civil or Mechanics
- No experience required necessarily, but a profile that is dynamic, curiously, eager to learn.
- Good understanding of structural design
- Good commands on EXCEL, WORD, AUTOCAD or alike
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.