Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics is working in the ALIGN Joint Venture for the High Speed 2 project in London. ALIGN is currently delivering a section of the 175km High-speed rail line between London and Birmingham. Works undertaken by ALIGN comprise of a 3.4km long viaduct and a twin bore 16km tunnel.
The Support Surface Plant Engineer is the person responsible to support the surface activities for plant department assisting the surface plant engineer, activities related to his/her duty:
- Keep the equipment in surface in good conditions for the progress of the tunnel digging operations.
- Assist with Planning of the operations related to surface equipment maintenance.
- Support the surface engineer with the spare parts and consumables monitoring and control.
- Support the surface engineer with the organization and documents necessary for the demobilization of the facilities at South portal area.
- Report directly to the surface plant engineer.
- Ensure the safety is implemented as the company policy states.
- Ensure a safe and efficient operation of the construction site.
- To support plant team to manage all the maintenance related to the construction activities.
- Lease with the different departments to organize multidisciplinary tasks.
- Follow breakdown records and analyse them to warranty the highest equipment availability possible.
- Assist to meetings in order to coordinate the jobs to be performed when necessary and required by the Surface plant engineer.
- RAMS elaboration.
So why not you?
- The role will require the post holder to have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level;
- Capability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Plant specifications development experience;
- Construction plant maintenance experience;
- Familiar with lifting equipment maintenance and mandatory examinations required;
- Capabilities to support technically the team in terms of troubleshooting and improvement of the facilities in place;
- Educated to HND - HNC level or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering or related discipline. A low educational level combined with experience in a similar role would meet this requirement;
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within the construction industry;
- Mechanical or electrical background in construction sites;
- Demonstrate experience of managing the works of others and monitoring the quality and safety of their works.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.