Provides the appropriate equipment and plant for the structures or buildings to be constructed.
With one foot in construction and the other in industry, I alternate between operational tasks and engineering and designing new equipment. I enjoy being able to combine dealing with urgent needs in the field with developing a long-term vision!
You are the “go-to person” for one or more construction sites for choosing, ordering and maintaining the equipment and plant needed for the works.
Your main duties
- Put in place preventive maintenance programmes
- Organise corrective maintenance work on equipment, installations, traditional or automated production machinery
- Supervise the condition of stocks of spare parts
- Take part in negotiations with suppliers and the purchase of equipment (tower cranes, concrete mixing plant, launching frames, boring machines, etc.)
- Installation, start-up and technical assistance required for ensuring profitability of operation
- Creation and participation in in-house development of new equipment to meet specific needs of sites
Your future path
Promotion to the post of Equipment Manager on a site or in the equipment depot.
Possible transfers to careers in Works and Engineering.
You have graduated from an engineering school or have had specialised training in the construction industry. You are meticulous and you possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.