Implements innovative and effective technical solutions.
Your main duties
As part of the Technical Studies department, you carry out engineering studies for Building and Civil Works projects.
Depending on your profile, your main duties will include:
- Produce the preliminary drawings for the structure
- Adapt or modify the preliminary dimensions of the structure according to the type of soil
- Carry out the structural calculations and propose solutions allowing technical optimisation and structural variants
- Direct the work of external design offices
- Reduce and analyse risks relating to the project
- Supervision of the compliance of operations with standards imposed by QSE rules
You work in collaboration with the Sales and Construction teams and are involved in two key stages of the project:
- for the preliminary design, to define the main principles of the structure or building and to provide the Sales teams with all the elements needed to estimate the cost and produce an effective and innovative offer,
- for the working design, to define the structure of building in every detail and provide the drawings required for execution of the works by the Construction teams.
Your future path
Position of expert or manager in Technical Studies or Cost Estimation.
Possible transfers, particularly to Construction.
Your training may range from a two-year vocational diploma to a specialised masters from an engineering school. You have an excellent knowledge of construction techniques and of IT. You have a reputation for meticulousness and attention to detail. Combined with your enjoyment of teamwork and your organisational abilities, these qualities will mean that you are seen as the recognised “go-to person” internally.