Vos missions & challenges
VSL as a member of Bouygues Construction, operates worldwide in a network of some 50 locations, and is a leading specialist in the field of post tensioning, complex pre-casting, bridge construction, specialist foundations, bridge and asset remediation, and related construction techniques.
Therefore, we are looking for a Graduate Engineer / VIE for the HS2 project. The position will require the ability to support the site delivery teams during both the pre-construction and delivery stages.
This is the first segmental construction project in UK for the last 20 years. It consists of precasting and erecting about 1000 segments weighting between 100 and 150 tons each sing a launching gantry, implementing the balance cantilever construction method.
The construction program include a start in April 2022, for a period of about 30 months.
Accountabilities and key tasks:
- Ensure high standards of health, safety, environmental and quality within the site operations. Delivery of a high value safe project for the client.
- Prepare the lists of materials and equipment’s take-off.
Plan, organise, control and coordinate the supply of materials, tools and other resources required for the works.
- Identifying suppliers and subcontractors for the site needs.
- Lease with others to for the preparation of PO’s and subcontracts.
- Follow up of supplier’s delivery schedule and logistics in line with the site requirements.
- Preparation, of prestart documentation, such as RAM’s, site record templates, ITP’s, ….
- Actively monitor the implementation of site documentation such as, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, work inspection records.
- Support the site team planning, organizing and control the works to a satisfactory on programme, defect free and safe completion.
- Maintain records for QA/QC purposes.
- Actively monitor workforce performance to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality of workmanship and efficiency.
- Supervision and coordination of different working tasks and coordination with external people if needed.
- Ensure that all tasks are done following the Project Method Statement and the Project Quality and Safety Plan. Propose a revision of these documents if needed while keeping a “state of the art” process.
Et si c'était vous ?
· Good communication and skills.
· Languages: English/French written and spoken.
· Capacity to integrate teams and workplaces driven by high HSQE standards.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
· Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
· Capacity to work with computed assistant drawing such as ACAD as well as Microsoft tools.