Vos missions & challenges
As a part of VSL’s repair & preservation business unit, you will be responsible for managing inspection and monitoring projects for bridges and other structures and you will help us to deploy innovative and data-driven solutions on our customers’ projects. Your primary mission will be the project management and delivery of structural inspection and monitoring projects. In addition, you will be leading our innovation and continuous improvement initiatives for the business unit in close co-operation with our corporate R&D, digitalisation and data teams.
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint. Our repair & preservation team in Bern/Switzerland has its primary focus on the strengthening and futureproofing of existing bridges and other complex structures. We strongly believe in preserving our build environment to reduce the carbon footprint of the infrastructure sector and we see innovative engineering and high quality execution as the key to that. Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, differentiating solutions. Our engineering teams combine civil, structural, mechanical and data science skills. We operate with multinational teams and aim to strongly advance gender diversity.
How will you make an impact?
As an Inspection and Monitoring engineer, you will work on small to medium sized projects connecting in-situ inspection or instrumentation with digital workflows, engineering assessment and non-destructive testing of concrete bridges and other structures. Your work will facilitate the development and execution of repair, strengthening and maintenance works. Your responsibilities will be:
- Inspecting and monitoring of pre-stressed concrete structures
- Project managing small to medium sized projects in Switzerland
- Developing client relationships in the Swiss market
- Technically supporting projects worldwide
- Driving innovation by initiating and implementing R&D projects
- Training of colleagues in inspection & monitoring methods and tools
- Participating in VSL transverse project teams
Et si c'était vous ?
Who are we looking for?
- MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering, Material Science, Geophysics or similar
- Preferably 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills to identify patterns, defects and pathologies on structures and monitoring trends
- Proficiency in diagnostics of concrete defects and in monitoring techniques
- Strong communications skills to explain and express your work to engineers, site staff and clients with different backgrounds
- First experiences in project management or a keen interest to develop associated skills
- Enthusiasm for developing novel integrated solutions and for managing innovation projects
- A mindset of innovation and early adoption of new digital technologies
- Proficient written and spoken German skills; good written and spoken English skills; French skills are a plus
What can we offer?
- Autonomous work environment
- Attractive conditions of employment
- Agile working in small teams
- Interesting and challenging projects with a pragmatic approach to solution building
- Working in a stimulating environment where innovation meets construction
Temps de travail
Durée de contrat
Et en complément, vous bénéficierez d' :
Une intégration sur-mesure
Une offre de formation innovante, construite dans une logique de parcours
Une politique mobilité attractive
Une rémunération dynamique
Une épargne salariale Groupe
Des dispositifs complémentaires : Mutuelle, Prévoyance, Comité d'Entraide, Action Logement, etc
Ces éléments s’appliquent partiellement ou en totalité selon le type de contrat et votre localisation.