Vos missions & challenges
VSL as a member of Bouygues Construction, operates worldwide in a network of some 50 locations, and is a leading specialist in the field of post tensioning, complex pre-casting, bridge construction, specialist foundations, bridge and asset remediation, and related construction techniques.
The SMW Rosehill to Parramatta Project is part of the Overall Sydney Metro Project to provide a metro style rail connection to Western Sydney and the New Western Sydney Airport. The project includes 2No. Station Boxes for underground metro stations at Rosehill and Parramatta. These will be constructed using diaphragm wall techniques.
VSL Australia has teamed up with Keller in a 50:50 joint venture to construct the diaphragm walls including all material supply and as such this is a significant project for VSL Australia over the coming 2 years.
The overall project is worth over $2 billion, with VSL Australia’s section is in the order of $42 million.
Therefore, we are looking for a Site Engineer/ VIE for Sydney Metro project.
Accountabilities and key tasks given to the VIE:
· Develop technical understanding in the Ground Improvement/ Diaphragm Wall Field
· Working with Senior Engineers on the organisation and management of the day-to-day operations including all activities related to the quality and safety of the works including supporting our technical team.
· Coordinating and anticipating with the Foreman and Site Superintendents on all technical issues to be addressed prior to the site activities to ensure smooth progress of the works.
· Coordinating the site team to ensure that all the necessary resources such as materials, equipment, and plant are available on time at the correct location and are fit for the intended purpose.
· Improve and contribute to the site reporting with regular checking points
· Alignment with VSL Australia core values: Satisfy, Respect and Safety of all personnel, embracing the motto of “We Love Life, We Protect It”.
Et si c'était vous ?
- Degree in Sciences / Engineering
- some experience
- Has an interest in Civil / Ground Engineering space
- Has the ability to work autonomously and proactively
- He/ She is strong attention to detail, sound work ethic
- English is required