Vos missions & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O'Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion. Together, as BYLOR, these two companies will construct the buildings that will house the two EPR nuclear reactors at HPC, showcasing the best of UK and European engineering design capability, technical expertise and project leadership.
The plant team is in charge of managing all the equipment used to carry out the work for the duration of the project. The equipment are composed by tower cranes, mobile cranes, concrete plant, pumping equipment, a whole range of varied equipment, made up of more than 1000 machines
Within the plant team, the engineer will be in charge of assisting the person in charge of the tower cranes in the management of planning, maintenance and preventive or curative maintenance, to ensure compliance with the safety and quality constraints required on the building site.
The material engineer reports to the tower crane manager on site within the material and logistics entity. The site has 56 tower cranes, 10 gantry cranes
He is also in close collaboration with all the production entities including the methods.
- Assist to the organization and control of assembly, disassembly and commissioning of:
- Tower cranes
- Gantry cranes
- Overhead cranes
- Following up maintenance, servicing, repair & modifications
- Establish relation with Production Managers and Methods Department Manager appropriate procedures and processes required for Project activities as erection and dismantling
- Assist to define and implement with the tower crane manager appropriate maintenance schedules and procedures for Tower Crane, gantries and overhead crane
- Monitoring spare parts - inventory – replenishment
- Assist and control the record of inspections and certifications renewal in GMAO data base
- Prepare weekly and monthly report about activities of his section and lifting equipment efficiency to assist the tower manager to monitor it
- Develop or review whether required these procedures to improve the process in place
- Ensure all the IT system, CMMS,, stock, planning, are followed in the systems already in place
- Ensure that all the Bylor safety system in place and respected. Develop the culture across the team for 0 accident
Et si c'était vous ?
- General , mechanical and electrical backrgound LV, HV, European standard
- IT skills (hardware, software)
- Curiosity, Rigour, Communication
- Have excellent IT skills especially in MS Word & Excel, autocad, solid works
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Able to lead and conduct working groups
- Capable of managing multiple tasks within an overall project.
- English intermediate level