Vos missions & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete. This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
Assisting with the design process coordination, planning and programming requirements for assigned work packages within a designated area to ensure construction activities are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
• Checks dimensions design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information;
• Responsible for supporting the production of methods statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers;
• Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off/requisitions;
• Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment.
• Adopts and promotes a culture of ‘right first time’;
• Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available;
• Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches;
• Effectively communicate technical information to the workforce and liaise with all functions and support services in a timely and accurate manner;
• Takes on the role of temporary works supervisor for their section of works and ensures temporary works are identified and the correct procedure is applied.
• Provides dimensional control for a section of works;
• Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step;
• Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate;
• Raises Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non- conformances.
• Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required;
• Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation;
• Provide feedback to supervising engineers/managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
Et si c'était vous ?
• Knowledge of and experience in reinforced concrete is a must;
• Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station.
• A strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment;
• Respects other team members across all functions and has a one team approach;
• Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project;
• Demonstrates commitment to work to processes;
• Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials;
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.