Vos missions & challenges
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint.
Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, innovative solutions. You will work in a diverse and multinational team.
VSL is making changes in its organisation as we are aiming to strengthen and strongly develop our method teams in our Barcelona office.
As our new Senior Method Manager, you will have the responsibility of the methods work at tender and execution stage, which will involve methods of construction of bridges and other type of civil works structure including scheduling and defining means and tools. In a second stage it would be likely required that you will expand the method team with local engineers and 3D technicians. BIM can also be developed by that team, a must in the up-coming needs for our projects.
The methods team will support our Civil Work Business Line for both of our regions: Western Europe (Iberia, UK), America and Africa (WEAA) and Central Europe-Middle East-India (CEMEI).
You will be reporting to the Technical Center Spain Manager, have a direct operational link with the Civil Work Business Development manager and coordinate with the other VSL technical offices .
How will you make an impact?
- Maintain and coordinate relation with other Technical Centre’s’, methods, costing team.
- Ensure coordination meeting (Progress, difficulties)with client , namely Business developer, tender manager or Site project manager.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Take ownership of all methods temporary works definition issued by Technical Center Spain Manager
- After a confirmed period of activity and settlement in the position of senior methods engineer, you will prepare the
- Build up a local team as required to perform Methods, planning, and costing activities.
- Prepares quotes for all services, scope of work, schedule, deliverables, and budget.
- Responsible for services in accordance with the offer approved by the customer. Monitors progress of Methods Team and act where required.
- Collects feedback from customers or completed Technical Center Spain Manager methods and implement corrective measures where required.
- Provides a summary report on client feedback to Technical Center manager as well as review with the team.
- Define training needs of methods-costing team and organises training in accordance with approved plans.
Et si c'était vous ?
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor/MSc Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant experience in methods, planning would be a plus
- Experiences in civil works and management
- Excellent analytical skills and strong communications skills (international team and cultures)
- A mindset of innovation and early adoption of new digital technologies
- Proficient written and spoken English skills; good written and spoken Spanish skills; French skills are a plus
- Methodical, attentive, tenacious and have a sense of responsibility
- AutoCAD confirmed user
Knowledge of BIM software
- Good knowledge of the Office Pack, especially Excel and Power BI
- Employment in stable high reputation international company
- Various social benefits
- Training courses
- Full time employment contract
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, dynamic international company and develop valuable skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates, commensurate with previous experience and knowledge.
Temps de travail
Durée de contrat
En complément, vous bénéficierez de :
Une intégration sur-mesure
Une offre de formation innovante, construite dans une logique de parcours
Une politique mobilité attractive
Une rémunération dynamique
Une épargne salariale Groupe
Des dispositifs complémentaires : Mutuelle, Prévoyance, Comité d'Entraide, Action Logement, etc
Ces éléments s’appliquent partiellement ou en totalité selon le type de contrat et votre localisation.