Vos missions & challenges
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
This specific role is situated within the Pools, Tanks and Liners organisation and will involve management of a Tier 2 company (Framatome). This Tier 2 is responsible for the fabrication and installation of Stainless-Steel components for the RPE Sumps, RBS Tanks, RRI Tanks and IRWST Pools across site. This is a challenging role within a high-pressure environment where no two days are the same and presents a great opportunity for growth and personal development.
Purpose of the role:
Assisting the Project Manager with
- Planning and reporting requirements;
- Managing / coordinating daily site activities for assigned work packages within a designated area;
- Being the coordinator of all interfaces : gathering the needs / requirements of all parties to ensure construction activities; are delivered safely and in accordance with client cost, time, quality and scope requirements.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Review the method statements and risk assessments and ensure these are implemented/followed during the production;
- Creation and review of VTS;
- Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated;
- Follow up on Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) / Request For Information (RFI) / Field Change Request (FCR);
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step;
- Ensures quality records are created by the Tier 2 in line with production and co-ordinates reviews by BYLOR and NNB;
- Supports the resolution of issues identified by BYLOR Surveillance team;
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate;
- Adopts and promotes a culture of ‘right first time’;
- Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available;
- If required, interprets and extracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way;
- Coordinate with temporary works team to ensure temporary works are identified and the correct procedure is applied;
- Effectively communicate technical information to the workforce and liaise with all functions and support services in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure daily site activities coordination/organization.
Et si c'était vous ?
Essential skills & knowledge :
- Technical skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of civil sequence of works;
- Competent with the use of Microsoft office applications;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment;
- Respects other team members across functions and has a one team approach;
- Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project;
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes.
Education & qualifications :
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.