Vos missions & challenges
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint.
Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, innovative solutions. You will work in a diverse and multinational team.
VSL is looking to appoint a Ground Engineering Estimator to support our tender studies in European region.
The key duty of the role is to create work winning offers in accordance with VSL’s strategy and guidance.
This role works closely with other members of the preconstruction team and will be supported by the preconstruction manager and commercial manager.
The successful candidate will be a good planner and able to manage their own workload and work well within a team.
The role is primarily based at Becket House, VSL’s central London location but may require travel.
How will you make an impact?
- Ensure all tender correspondence is recorded and logged
- Ensure all proposals and estimate deadlines are met
- Review contents of tender documentation and provide feasibility advice
- Prepare and submit tender queries / clarifications
- Prepare bills of quantities / schedule of rates for tender applications and 1st principle estimates
- Preparing detailed proposals ensuring client guidelines and specifications are adhered to
- Ensure estimates and offer take adequate account of applicable legislation and recognised industry standards on health, safety, quality and environment.
- Participates in the value engineering/choice of alternatives during the preparation of the bid.
- Leads and coordinates the projects with the Bid Manager, the preconstruction Manager and the commercial manager.
- Co-ordinate the tender preparation documents submitted by other departments, ensuring that they adequately address the client's requirements.
- Studies technical, legal and financial aspects and puts forward a commercial strategy.
- Takes part in the negotiation of bids but not the signing.
- Prepare and submit subcontract enquiries in line with company processes
- Review subcontract tender submissions for compliance and inclusion into the estimate
- Seeks out and targets future business, prospects for and obtains a loyal client base.
- Looks for new markets and new partners.
Et si c'était vous ?
Who are we looking for?
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical engineering or similar discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ post graduate experience or similar required
Must be enthusiastic, eye for detail and know how to work in a team.
Good interpersonal skills
Tactical and strategic sense,
be profit-minded and have a win-win attitude.
English and French essential, other languages desirable. _
IT literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email
Verbal and written communication skills
Health & safety knowledge
- Employment in stable high reputation international company
- Various social benefits
- Training courses
- Full time employment contract
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, dynamic international company and develop valuable skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates, commensurate with previous experience and knowledge.
Temps de travail
Durée de contrat
En complément, vous bénéficierez de :
Une intégration sur-mesure
Une offre de formation innovante, construite dans une logique de parcours
Une politique mobilité attractive
Une rémunération dynamique
Une épargne salariale Groupe
Des dispositifs complémentaires : Mutuelle, Prévoyance, Comité d'Entraide, Action Logement, etc
Ces éléments s’appliquent partiellement ou en totalité selon le type de contrat et votre localisation.