Vos missions & challenges
The Lower Thames Crossing is a design and build project recently awarded to a joint venture between Bouygues TP (lead contractor) and J. Murphy & Sons. It is a major UK road infrastructure project consisting of a motorway linking Kent and Essex, east of London, with twin 4.2 km long tunnels under the River Thames. The start date for phase 1 of the project is 5 January 2024. Stage 1 consists of the preparation and submission of deliverables (technical, commercial, environmental, safety, programme, etc.) and value engineering.
Key responsabilities :
• Get a good knowledge of the Project and technical solutions developed during previous stages.
• Evaluates alternative solutions to determine if they are more effective than current methods.
• Carries out value engineering; understands the financial and client implications and constantly strives to add value to our projects.
• Development of construction methods, construction sequence
• Development of site installation in accordance with the construction sequence
• Initiates 3D modelling to develop methods, clarify issues and resolve method related problems.
• Liaise with project teams and in-house experts with respect to their design requirements.
• Coordinate design work with external design consultants
• Ensure technical issues are resolved in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures
• Is instrumental in finding alternative solutions to existing methods and practices to improve productivity, quality or safety helping to create best practice
• Able to use design tools to optimise design solution.
Health, Safety, Wellbeing & Environment:
• Demonstrates an awareness of the HSW policy and procedures.
• Prioritize safety aspects during development of construction methods
• Knows the alignment of HSW objectives of the project with overall group targets.
• Understands the legal, moral and financial implications of inadequate HSW management.
• Have a clear understanding of the carbon commitments for the Project and at Group level.
• Include carbon aspects in each of the technical solutions definition.
• Understands the project management principles and methodologies and puts these into practice appropriately for scale and complexity of project.
• Demonstrates an ability to work in a methodical and regulated way to planning and executing the project using appropriate controls.
• Ensures on-going communication and reporting with the manager and team.
• Delivers the agreed outcomes ensuring the project is managed to budget and time frames.
• Demonstrates an understanding of commercial, procurement and supply chain management.
• Understands and takes into account project constraints linked to impact of the Works on the stakeholders and nearby communities.
• Understands business and investment drivers for projects.
• Able to identify how the capabilities of different people may be suited to different activities.
Et si c'était vous ?
- Degree in Engineering
- Working towards CEng / MICE
- Good communication skills
- Ability to present to team and co-workers
- Ensures timely decision making, driven off data
- Presents a professional image
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Inspires, challenges and motivates others
- Promotes the values of the project
- Works sensitively with data to ensure that issues are well managed