Your future duties & challenges
An opportunity has arose for a Civil Works Engineer to join our VSL team on HS2.
The Civil Engineer support the Production Manager in order to fulfil the Engineering requirements of the project by setting out of the works, realizing a continual monitoring of the progress and quality of the works.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that sufficient information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and to resolve any inconsistencies in the information provided including feedback on any changes made
- Setting out the works in accordance with the contract requirements before work is programmed to commence.
- Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required.
- Develop 4-weekly programmes with section engineer and simple benchmark productivity measures for the workforce and assess actual programme and productivity achieved for review at weekly progress meetings.
- Communicate with foremen, gangers, workforce and sub-contractors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Check the works during progress and on completion to ensure that it has been constructed in line with the setting-out information provided, measured and signed off before covering up and that information is passed to the QS and QA function.
- Communicate to the QA and QS engineer non-conformances and any instructions received. Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for the weekly review.
- Complete inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works ensuring that all necessary documentation, as required by these statements and plans, is produced in a timely manner.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
- Adherence with Skanska policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
So why not you?
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or BETec in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system)
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- Vocational Training (successful experience at assistant engineer level)
- Experience in setting out
- Previous experience in deep foundations and/or tunnels is highly advantageous
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.