Your future duties & challenges
We are looking for a Human Resources Deputy Manager to join our team based from our HS2 project (ALIGN), based near Maple Cross/Denham.
The HR Deputy Manager will provide an effective and efficient operational human resources service to internal clients.
Working with the senior management team of ALIGN you will be responsible for advising, developing, implementing and reviewing all aspects of strategic and operations management of human resource activity in order to achieve the optimum performance of the team.
The HR Deputy Manager works closely with the parent companies.
The HR Deputy Manager will:
- Ensure the provision of an efficient human resource service to ALIGN and its staff.
- Provide an effective and efficient advice and support service to managers and employees on HR matters, suggesting appropriate solutions as required.
- Be the parent company representative on site.
- Working with the HS2 Recruitment Team and the parent companies to facilitate and coordinate transfers
- Prepare and send offers of employment on behalf of Bouygues to successful candidates.
Training and Induction
- Ensure that all new employees and those transferred complete a timely, appropriate and comprehensive induction in line with ALIGN quality management system and conduct parent company HR induction meetings with new starters/distribute and collate necessary documents including undertaking the Right To Work Checks.
Advice / Support / Assistance
- Provide advice and information to managers to enable them to meet their responsibilities in areas including Disciplinary and grievance, Terms and conditions of employment, Employment law in accordance with the parent company policies
-Attend meetings with Managers relating to any disciplinary or grievance matter and attend probationary reviews where there is likely to be an extension or termination or probation
- Assist the managers in the annual HR process of the parent companies: annual appraisal, salary review, talent review
- Ensure compliance with the HR policies and procedures of Align and the employing company by operational managers.
- Comply with company policies, procedures and employment law.
- Responsible for the management of the computerised and manual human resource systems, together with the provision and development of information systems. To ensure that personnel records are complete, accurate, up to date and kept under strict security.
- Make sure the parent companies have the necessary information to manage the HR processes (contract, training, disciplinary…)
- Ensuring that parent company payrolls are provided with the relevant paperwork and forms for new starters, leavers and, where applicable, any amendments/additional payments/adjustments.
- Ensure that Contracts of Employment and subsequent amendments are provided accurately and in line with current legislation.
So why not you?
- Extensive experience in a generalist or specialized HR role.
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law.
- Excellent track record in employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Member of CIPD.
- Previous experience with construction / rail /engineering / property company
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.