Your future duties & challenges
Bouygues Energies and Services has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Multi-Skilled M&E Technician (Mechanical Bias) to join our team providing FM maintenance at two secondary schools in Peterborough. This is a full-time permanent position working 40 hrs p/week from 8am-5pm.
- Reporting to the Hard FM & Compliance Manager
- To apply trade skills to undertake scheduled, planned and reactive maintenance tasks, as well as minor installation and project works from time to time
- Essential core skills will include mechanical, plumbing and HVAC with good knowledge of building fabric
- To maintain appropriate qualifications and up-to-date trade knowledge as required for the safe and efficient performance of duties, specifically in the plumbing trade
- To immediately report and/or make safe any potentially dangerous or hazardous situations
- To manage workload using PDA handheld device and be familiar with Maximo or similar asset management software system
- To advise on parts/labour for additional works interfacing with suppliers as required and to recommend and maintain an adequate stock level to ensure service delivery
- To oversee specialist contractors and to escort where required
- Working 40 hours per week between 08:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday with participation in the on-call rota
So why not you?
- Formal qualifications to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant trade
- Have an understanding of the maintenance requirements of building services assets associated with a multi-site environment
- Competent Person L8 experience ideally
- Asbestos awareness
- Have an understanding of Permit to Work and Safe Systems of Work
- Hold a full driving license and be able to travel independently between sites
- Must be able to obtain an Enhanced DBS Check (due to working alongside children)
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training and development opportunities.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.