Your future duties & challenges
- Apply relevant trade skills to any allocated jobs as directed by the M&E Supervisor
- Carrying out prompt and efficient maintenance and repairs (planned and reactive) of mechanical/electrical plants and equipment across the contract
- Respond to requests generated by the Helpdesk, and use Maximo and mobile devices for management of work on daily basis and complete assignments within deadlines to avoid penalties
- Carry out new electrical works as required i.e. renew works, refurbishment and work associated with the life cycle maintenance programme
- Attend training programmes to meet contract requirements and for self-development
- To immediately report any emergency works to the Supervisor
- Working 40 hours per week between 08:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday, this role will also require participation in the on call rota system
So why not you?
- Must have City and Guilds Electrical Installation 2360 Parts 1 and 2, or Mechanical equivalent NVQ level 2 or 3 in plumbing heating and ventilation
- Must be able to work independently when necessary as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and have a flexible approach to dealing with planned and reactive maintenance tasks
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and client relationship skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to health and safety
- Desirable to hold full clean UK Driving Licence
- Desirable Inspection and testing 2391/2392. Basic PC/IT skills
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.