Your future duties & challenges
What’s the team like?
VSL is an international specialist construction company with a worldwide footprint. The team in our Technical Centre in Bern/Switzerland is mainly focused on providing support and technical competence to our business developers, our site engineers and to offer a strong added value to our customers. We strongly believe in preserving our built environment to reduce the carbon footprint of the infrastructure sector and we see innovative engineering and high-quality execution as the key to that. Together, we work in a multidisciplinary environment to improve our technologies and develop new, optimized and differentiating solutions. Our engineering teams combine civil, structural, mechanical and data science skills. We operate with multinational teams and aim to strongly advance gender diversity.
How will you make an impact?
- By immersing yourself in our Technical Center in Switzerland, you'll have the opportunity to explore our activities in design, or methods, or stay-cable technology, making a tangible impact on future projects.
- Actively contributing to real-world projects and gaining practical experience in your chosen area of focus
- Preparation of calculation note and design reports, method documents (method statement, kinematics, general arrangement…)
- By participating and following in the development of various projects in the interested areas, such as post-tensioning structures for buildings and bridges, as well as construction engineering including methods
So why not you?
Who are we looking for?
- Civil / Structural engineer in Bachelor or Master´s degree student
- Interested in a challenging environment and the engineering and construction industry. You have an ambitious personality and are willing to share your knowledge with others
- With your strong performance motivation and innovative strength, you bring a high willingness to take responsibility and to learn continuously
- Good written and spoken English skills, French or German skills are a plus!
- Digital tools have no secrets for you, good knowledge of MS Office 365, CAD and BIM knowledge is a plus
What can we offer?
We can offer you a challenging work experience in a multicultural and dynamic environment. Our aim is to enable you to develop your technical and personal skills during your immersion in our company. We want to be able to offer you a work experience that matches your expectations. We're flexible and open to tailoring internships to match your interests so feel free to reach out to us to discuss how we can create a rewarding internship experience together.
We look forward to discussing your career plans! 🚀
We Make it possible !
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.