Your future duties & challenges
The M4-M5 Link Tunnels is the first stage of the M4-M5 Link which is being delivered in two stages:
Stage one - construction of the M4-M5 Link Tunnels between the New M4 at Haberfield and the New M5 at St Peters and stub tunnels to the Rozelle Interchange. This stage is being managed by WestConnex.
Stage two - construction of the Rozelle Interchange and Iron Cove Link. This stage is being managed by Roads and Maritime Services.
The M4-M5 Link Tunnels project is the final and most critical component of WestConnex, featuring twin tunnels between the New M4 at Haberfield and the New M5 at St Peters. Each tunnel will be approximately 7.5 kilometres long and able to accommodate up to four lanes of traffic in each direction.
Responsibilities of the role include;
- Providing accurate survey control, guidance and support to underground tunnelling operations;
- Schedule, prioritise and undertake surveying tasks;
- Establish and maintain accurate survey control networks;
- Carry out all required quality assurance surveys and produce reports/plans and documents as required;
- The establishment and maintenance of the survey control network for underground works;
- Maintain and improve survey standards in field and office environment
- Conform to all required practices and standards
- Take an active role in the daily running of the Survey Office (e.g. Equipment maintenance, weekly reports etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining the survey data base and adhering to rules
So why not you?
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
- You will have a Degree or Advanced Diploma in surveying (topography or civil engineering specialised in topography.
- Previous experience in the construction industry, ideally including underground experience
- Ideally having worked in an underground environment on TBM’s or Mined Tunnel.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- An enthusiastic, team first approach to work.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Innovative training possibilities based on progressive logic
An attractive mobility policy
A dynamic salary
The Group’s employee savings scheme
Additional benefits: Top-up health insurance, retirement plan, peer support committee, housing scheme, etc.
These items apply fully or partially depending on the type of contract and your location.